Connect with us

Local News

ANCWL condemns brutal killing of woman in Ntabethemba

Avatar photo

Published

on

The ANC Women’s League (ANCWL) in the Chris Hani Region has condemned the killing of a woman in Ntabethemba, describing the incident as another devastating example of gender-based violence affecting communities in the region.

In a statement released on 19 May 2026, the ANCWL said Zukiswa Brukwe was allegedly attacked and killed in Ward 32 in the Enoch Mgijima sub-region.

Advertisement

According to the organisation, the incident allegedly happened on Monday night when a man who reportedly herds sheep in the village allegedly broke into the woman’s home and assaulted her.

“The ANC Women’s League (ANCWL) in the Chris Hani Region strongly condemns the brutal assault and killing of  Zukiswa Brukwe,” the statement read.

Advertisement

The ANCWL said the incident was a painful reminder of the ongoing scourge of gender-based violence and femicide.

“This horrific act is yet another painful reminder of the escalating scourge of gender-based violence and femicide that continues to terrorise women in our communities,” the organisation said.

Advertisement

The league added that it was deeply disturbed by continued attacks on women, particularly in places where they should feel safe.

“Women cannot continue to live in fear while brutal acts of violence are normalised in society,” the statement continued.

Advertisement

The ANCWL welcomed the reported arrest of a suspect in connection with the matter. According to the organisation, the suspect is expected to appear before the Ntabethemba Court.

“We call upon the criminal justice system to ensure that justice is served without delay. Perpetrators of violence against women must face the full might of the law,” the ANCWL said.

Advertisement

The organisation also extended condolences to the Brukwe family, relatives, friends and the broader community.

“We stand in solidarity with all victims and survivors of gender-based violence and reaffirm our commitment to the fight against violence directed at women and children,” the statement said.

Advertisement

The ANCWL further stressed that the safety, dignity and lives of women must be protected at all times.

No official statement from police had been seen by publication time. Komani News has not independently verified the allegations contained in the ANCWL statement.

Advertisement

Komani News is your trusted source for local news, events, and community updates in the Komani region and beyond. We cover politics, municipal affairs, sports, weather, and human interest stories. Your story starts here.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *